Fire Safety in the Student Village
It's really important to follow Accommodation Service's Health and Safety regulations whilst you're living with us, it ensures your own safety and the safety of others.
You can receive warnings and fines if you break the regulations so please make sure you understand your responsibilities in regards to fire safety.
- If you hear a full fire alarm, you must evacuate immediately.
- Each room door, kitchen door and front door are all fire doors and must be kept closed at all times.
- Weekly fire testing takes place between 11:00 & 15:00 - you will be able to get more information about which day your alarms will be tested on your noticeboard. The alarm will sound for no longer than 30 seconds. If it sounds for longer than 30 seconds, you need to evacuate
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in any building.
- Read Next
- Student Village - Local Area Guide Meet your FRENCHAY Resident Assistants! Student Village Room Tour THE private accommodation checklist Safety in your accommodation: Visitors Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - post and parcels Glenside & The Hollies - Local Area Guide Wallscourt Park - post and parcels 18 unexpected things you need at uni Student Village - post and parcels Self-isolating when you arrive at UWE? Bristol Big Give Donations What to expect if the University experiences Adverse Weather Conditions.
- Circuit Laundry MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Life in the UK vs. China How to use social media to settle into freshers life Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets