Top Ten Parks in Aberdeen
- Hazlehead Park - large park with two golf courses, football fields, a large children's play area, two rose gardens, heather beds, and a pet zoo. There is also a small maze. On no 11 bus route (towards Kingswells).
- Duthie Park – beautiful park containing children’s play area, pond, café, and indoor Winter Gardens which contain one of the largest collections of cacti in the UK. On no 17 bus route (towards Faulds Gate).
- Aberdeen Beach – 10 minute walk from the town centre, Aberdeen Beach provides walks along the sea front, in addition to a large recreational area featuring cafes, restaurants, an amusement park, sporting facilities and a cinema. Don’t forget to walk towards the lighthouse, and visit Footdee (see 6. above).
- Victoria Park – A delightful park in the Rosemount area, which boasts a fountain made of 14 different granites, in addition to a generous selection of flowers, shrubs and trees, and a conservatory.
- Rubislaw and Queen’s Terrace Gardens – a long stretch of grass, mature trees and shrubs provide a delightful place to relax and enjoy the stunning architecture of Albyn Place.
- Seaton Park – a large and impressive park on the banks of the River Don, featuring a children’s playpark with a former steam train engine, and landmarks including the Bronze Age Wallace Tower.
- Westburn Park – A charming park near Rosemount, featuring a stream and bridges. It also offers indoor and outdoor tennis courts, bowling greens, football pitches, skate ramps and a children’s cycling proficiency track and play area.
- Bon Accord Terrace Gardens – Pleasant gardens that are only five minutes from Union Street, a lovely space to enjoy some tranquil time.
- Johnston Gardens – Beautiful gardens with streams, ponds (and often ducks), a stunning bridge, shrubs and flowers.
- Persley Walled Garden – landscaped Victorian walled garden featuring a granite obelisk memorial to those who have lost their lives in the workplace. Enjoy some time in the garden before moving on to the nearby nature trail along the River Don.
- Read Next
- Foos yer doos?! Getting to Know Aberdeen and Shire Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Want to go shopping? Feeling hungry? A night out in Aberdeen... GETTIN’ ABOOT! - Getting Around Aberdeen and Shire Garthdee: What's on campus? Keeping your Bike Road-worthy Walk This Way Lookin Efter Yerself! Student Advisor Top Ten Tips 4 Quick & Tasty Recipes Everything to do with eggs! Target Jobs Undergraduate of the Year Awards
- Moving out of halls? Pack the perfect picnic How to get a National Insurance Number Your responsibilities vs. your landlords Let's be positive about male body image!