Student Advisor Top Ten Tips
- Take care of your student card. It is ID and displays your date of birth; if you lose it, it also costs £10 to get a new one!
- Do you want access to as many student discounts as possible? At a small cost, the TOTUM NUS Extra card provides you with additional discounts from a variety of retailers and food outlets online and in store. There is also UniDays - www.myunidays.com - a discount website for students.
- You can join Amazon Student Prime for free for a six month trial. After your trial, Prime Student is just £3.99/month.
- If you are struggling, please talk to someone, don’t keep it to yourself. RGU has a range of services who can help. Here are our top wellbeing tips and a list of services
- Want to meet new likeminded people? Join an RGU:Union club or society
- Use the bus frequently? Download the First Bus app!
- Do you shop online a lot? It is worth looking in to getting a TOTUM discount card for students: www.totum.com
- Are you new to the UK? Our top places to visit: Stonehaven (and Dunnottar Castle); Edinburgh; a Scottish castle (view them here: www.nts.org.uk)
- Going out at night? Remember to get home safely! If you have run out of money for a taxi, you can use the Safe Taxi Scheme. In the case of an emergency, or if you have no money to get home, you can order a designated safe taxi from Rainbow City Taxis and use your student card as payment.
- Going out at night? ‘Ask for Angela’ is a campaign aimed at helping people who feel unsafe on dates in Aberdeen pubs, clubs and entertainment venues. You can ‘Ask for Angela’ at the bar if you feel uneasy during a date. The code-word aims to notify bar staff to situations where people may feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Once alerted bar staff will then call a taxi or help you leave discreetly. The majority of Aberdeen city centre bar and club venues take part in the 'Ask for Angela' scheme.
- Read Next
- How to Motivate Yourself GETTIN’ ABOOT! - Getting Around Aberdeen and Shire Welcome to Student Help Point RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team A Different Kind of Lockdown ShelfHelp Keeping your Bike Road-worthy Walk This Way Lookin Efter Yerself! A night out in Aberdeen... Inclusive Cycling and Access to a Bike Everything to do with eggs! Garthdee: What's on campus? Student Buddy Campus Tour Personal Effectiveness
- Moving out of halls? Pack the perfect picnic How to get a National Insurance Number Your responsibilities vs. your landlords Let's be positive about male body image!