HEALTH & WELLBEING
Guide to RGU Counselling Online/Phone Sessions
Book an appointment at ask.rgu.ac.uk, or by telephoning 01224 262120
The RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Department understand that in the midst of the current situation adapting to a new form of counselling or wellbeing sessions may feel overwhelming, so please find below a few guidelines to making your first session as straightforward and simple as possible.
- Our sessions will take place over the phone, tablet or computer, so please make sure that you have enough charge, have a plug and cable nearby, and are connected to the internet if required. Let us know what form of contact works best for you before the first session.
- We understand that sleeping patterns can be a little off right now, so please set a reminder for the session early on enough to make sure you are awake and ready for it. Perhaps a snack or drink before the session can help sustain your energy levels. If you feel the session is too early for you, please get in touch with us to reschedule to a later time.
- Confidentiality is our priority, so make sure that you will be undisturbed for the duration of the session. Finding some peace and quiet in a busy household can be difficult, so see what works for you, whether that is going for a walk or finding a quiet space in the house.
- If having a video session, install the required software and test it out prior to the session to avoid hiccups. Make sure your computer allows access to the microphone and camera, and they are both on. Place the device at eye level as this will give a face to face feeling to the session. Check that you’re in an environment you’re comfortable virtually sharing with your counsellor/wellbeing advisor.
- We are here to listen and support – so please give feedback to your counsellor/wellbeing advisor if you feel any changes can be implemented to improve the experience of the session.
- If you are unable to attend the session, kindly inform us at least 24 hours beforehand.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries about the above or any other issues.
You can get in touch on 01224 262120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Counselling and Wellbeing Team
- Read Next
- Mental Wellbeing Tips RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team Lookin Efter Yerself! Dealing with Stress Staying Fit with No Sport Facilities Inclusive Cycling and Access to a Bike Walk This Way Report and Support Spotlight On: Boundaries & Consent - The Right Way To Do It. Stretch It Off Keeping your Bike Road-worthy Talk this Way A Different Kind of Lockdown Fitness Classes – A Male's Perspective ShelfHelp
- Moving out of halls? Pack the perfect picnic How to get a National Insurance Number Your responsibilities vs. your landlords Let's be positive about male body image!