Crunchy Granola Recipe
Ingredients (makes about 12 breakfast bowlfuls)
- 175g mixed nuts (pecan halves and peanuts in their red skins)
- 450g rolled oats
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 100ml runny honey (try one of the lightly flavoured flower ones)
- half a 170g packet dried berries and cherry
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5/fan oven 170C. Halve some of the pecans, leave some whole. Mix with peanuts, oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. In a jug, measure the oil and pour into the mixture, then measure the honey – it will slide out easily. Stir together with a fork to break up any big clumps of oats.
- Pour on to a large baking tray with sides, preferably non-stick, in a thin layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring well at least twice and bringing the mixture in from the edges, until it is golden. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Mix in the berries and cherries and serve with plenty of chilled milk.
- Store for up to 1 month in airtight container.
- Read Next
- Greek-Style Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe Snowflake Biscuits Recipe Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice Recipe Mexican Lasagne Recipe Sweet Potato, Mango & Black Bean Quinoa Recipe Salsa Verde Recipe Easy Peasy Omelette Recipe Squash, Chilli & Black Bean Soft Taco Recipe Coriander & Lime Chicken Recipe Vegetable Broth with Salsa Verde Recipe Fennel & Apple Slaw Recipe Green Tea Tonic Recipe Raspberry & Yoghurt Muffins Recipe Quinoa Porridge Recipe
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Maja's Blog: Asexuality The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown