Vegan Recipe ideas
Veg pasta bake
You can really use whatever veg you want for this, which is fab when you have lots of vegetables to use up!
- 2 peppers
- 1 courgette
- 1 Tin of sweetcorn
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes/passata
- Olive oil
- Vegan grated cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Mixed herbs
- Chop up all the veg (not the sweetcorn obvs)
- Throw it all in a big dish, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper & mixed herbs, cook for 10 mins at 200°C (180°C fan oven)
- Boil pasta & drain when cooked
- remove veg from the oven and add in the sweetcorn, passata/tinned tomatoes and mix well
- Season again with salt, pepper and mixed herbs
- if you want; top with grated (vegan) cheese and/or breadcrumbs
- Bake for 15 mins
Sweet potato curry with spinach and chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- fresh spinach (wash, stemmed and chopped)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- basmati/brown rice for serving
- Boil the diced sweet potatoes in water until soft
- While sweet potatoes cook, heat 1-2 tsp of canola or vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until they begin to soften
- Add the curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon, and stir to coat the onions evenly with spices.
- Add tomatoes with their juices, and the chickpeas, stir to combine
- Add ½ cup water and raise heat up to a strong simmer for about a minute or two.
- Add the spinach, stirring to coat with cooking liquid.
- Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the liquid, and stir to coat.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes, or until flavors are well combined.
- Serve over basmati or brown rice.
Full English fry up
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 big tomato (chopped in half)
- mushroom (chopped)
- 2 tsps olive oil/water
- 1/2 tin Baked Beans
- 3 veggie sausages
- 2 hash browns
- Preheat the oven to whatever the hash brown packaging suggests
- Grill your sausages on medium heat, according to the instructions
- Place your hash browns on a baking tray and put into the oven
- Heat your oil or water in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Add your mushrooms and stir slightly for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Heat the beans for around 3 minutes in a pan
- Place tomato cut-side down in the pan and cook without moving for 2 minutes. Gently turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until tender but still holding its shape.
- Add bread to the toaster
- Once all the ingredients are cooked, serve and enjoy!
- Read Next
- Fresher's Pasta Recipes New hashtag for Hospitality 5 Ways to bag bargain food, in Bristol! Recipe of the week - Easy Peasy Stir Fry Finding your second year house What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Recipe of the week: 'Prawn curry in a hurry' Like eggs? Love omelette! Perfect the Perfect Spud 10 mins Indian chickpeas with poached eggs recipe Thai Green Curry Recipe Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Recipe of the week - Minnesota Hot Rice Recipe of the week - Vege lentil casserole
- Postgraduate Contract Extensions - Summer 2020 Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Quantock Post Room - revised hours Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! National Student Housing Survey - win £500