HallsLife + MOVE - Destress Yoga & meditation
Add this event to your calendar
HallsLife + MOVE are back and this time from the comfort of your own own home!
Stressed about coursework? Struggling to sleep? Feeling low?
Join Hannah our wonderful yoga instructor on your Facebook group this Wednesday at 18:00.
Can’t make it then? Don’t worry, the video will be available on your HallsLife Facebook Groups from 18:00 for you to watch in your own time! The video will also be available here for the next month for you to revisit!
She guides you through a gentle yoga and meditation session to bring your mood right up!
Why not put on Hannah's relaxation playlist while you're at it?
IMPORTANT: By taking part in the session you confirm that you take full responsibility for your safety. It is the responsibility of you the participant to ensure:
• there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of four square metres per person
• any equipment is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed
• the surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips,trips or falls
• there are no distractions throughout the duration of the session
• there is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration.
Some notes from Hannah about how to set up your space:
To set up your space, find a quiet room where you can ideally practice without being disturbed.
If you can, I recommend using a mat to help protect your joints and provide grip for holding poses. If this isn't an option, take extra care of yourself in postures and try to practice on a soft surface.
Make sure you're warm enough by wearing appropriate clothing, and feel free to have an extra layer handy for final relaxation, like socks and a blanket.
Because I won't be able to assist you as well as in a face-to-face class, it's important that you listen in to your body and never work with pain (pinching, sharp, stabbing and burning sensations are all off the table!).
Make sure you can hear my voice and instructions, and always listen to your body over my voice: if something doesn't feel right or you can't sustain your breathing, ease off and rest.
- Read Next
- Yoga and Meditation on demand UWEBIC - Let's Talk - online chat MOVE - Online Classes HallsLife Fill Your Fridge - competition entries How to decorate your uni room HallsLife weekly event rundown: 25th May - 31st May HallsLife - weekly event rundown: 1st June - 7th June Quarantine Kitchen - Easy Veggie Chilli Bristol Old Vic - watch online UWE Paintball Instagram Takeover Cook with us - with Cookpad PT Mondays & Thursdays Keep in touch ! Let’s Get Quizzical is back Sustainability 101: DIY Deodrants
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Your responsibilities vs. your landlords What's there to do near Frenchay Campus?