Recipe of the week - Chicken Tikka Masala
Curry's are such an easy dish to make, and they are great to make in bulk so you can eat them for at least two meals or even freeze them for days when you cba to cook.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12g butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 50ml double cream
- 50ml natural yogurt
- boiled rice
- naan bread
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins till soft and golden.
- Add the masala paste and red pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and 200ml water.
- Gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the mango chutney, cream and yogurt and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve with rice and naan bread.
- Read Next
- 5 of the Easiest Fresher's Recipes The essentials for your first food shop! Like eggs? Love omelette! Perfect the Perfect Spud The ULTIMATE guide to British food An award to be proud of! Cook with us - with Cookpad New hashtag for Hospitality Campus facilities: what's open and when? Too Good To Go - Bargain food on campus and in Bristol Foolproof meal-prep recipes ANYONE can master Competition Time: Feel Good Feast Quantock Post Room - revised hours 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life
- Blackbullion - Money Advice 18 unexpected things you need at uni Life in the UK vs. China How to use social media to settle into freshers life Breaking the ice with your new flatmates