Pass Inspection and Win a Prize!
If your communal areas pass with flying colours, you could win £100 in food vouchers!!
Inspections will start in all properties from late February, make sure to regularly check your emails for your specific date...
Routine Inspection Cleaning Standards
The following list shows the different areas and cleaning standards that will be checked by the Accommodation Services Inspection Team during the inspection:
- All furniture must be clean.
- All rubbish must be removed.
- Vacuum, especially under your bed.
- Clean skirting boards, window sills, light-shade and mirror.
- Belongings tidy or put away and nothing stored/placed behind the door.
- Room is clear of dirty dishes/cups/glasses etc.
- Desk is tidy and clean with electric sockets visible.
- Obvious maintenance issues have been reported to Reception/Accommodation
Ensuite Shower room, Bathroom, Shower Room and WC
- Walls and floors – must be cleaned thoroughly. Use products which remove lime scale, especially in the shower area.
- Bath and shower cubical should be clean, with all hair removed from drain area.
- WC – clean the bowl and seat thoroughly, in addition behind and underneath. Also remove all lime scale and staining with a specialist cleaner.
- Wash basin – clean basin and taps with a product that removes lime scale.
- Clean any mirrors/shelves/towel rails or fittings.
- Ovens and cookers – clean inside and out including grill pans, shelves, control knobs and any other parts. We recommend that you use a specialist oven cleaner in order to achieve effective results but please take care and follow manufacturer’ instructions carefully.
- Clean both extractor fans above the ovens.
- Fridges, freezers and microwaves – clean inside and out.
- Cupboards – clean inside and out.
- Clean the outside of the Kettle.
- Clean tiled areas behind the cooker, all kitchen surfaces (including dining table / breakfast bar), and any food splatters on walls.
- Floors – thoroughly clean and remove all grease, marks, etc. This should include cleaning around cooker, fridges, etc.
- Rubbish – all kitchen bins must be emptied and cleaned.
- Sinks/Drainer – Should be clear of all crockery and cutlery.
- Vacuum throughout.
- Remove all rubbish.
- Ensure all furniture is clean.
- Please also kindly return any borrowed shopping trolleys to reception.
If you’re missing a mop/bucket/vacuum/etc, you could always ask to borrow one from your neighbours, or raise a works request!
- Read Next
- Meet your FRENCHAY Resident Assistants! Repairs Request Finding your second year house Easy ways to be more sustainable BUILDING WORK - your fortnightly update - November Glenside Campus Video The fruit stall @ UWE Vegan Recipe ideas Budgeting @ Uni Fresher's Pasta Recipes Looking After Yourself at UWE
- Accommodation Customer Services Desk Coronavirus - latest advice for students Bristol Museum: Chinese New Year 2020 New Job Alert - Student Ambassadors Your guide to catering on Frenchay Campus