Advice & Wellbeing
Need some extra support?
A lot has changed over the last month and we understand that you might be feeling a bit anxious or worried.
There's always somebody to talk to here at UWE, here are some useful contacts if you feel you need a bit of extra extra support ....
- Accommodation Services - The Accommodation Team can help you with your living situation or if you are struggling day to day in accommodation.
- The Students' Union Advice Centre - provides friendly, non-judgemental and confidential advice about housing, finances, academic issues and more. The SU Advice centre has now moved online, but don't hesitate to get in touch if you need extra support.
- The Wellbeing Service - UWE provides wellbeing support for students. The support is available online and over the phone. The Wellbeing Service is currently open; however, all appointments are now via telephone. You can visit the website or call on +44(0)117 3286268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kooth Student - is a free, safe and anonymous online chat service, you can talk about anything that's on your mind.
- UWE Global Student Support Team - is on hand to help all international students. Whether you're still in the UK or in your home country get in touch by email email@example.com, telephone 0117 32 86195.
- Student Support Advisors - If you are struggling with your academic work, exams or finding it difficult to adapt to new online working you should make an appointment with a Student Support Advisor or talk to one of your tutors.
- Chinese Community Society - this is a free telephone helpline service to seek assistance on a range of issues, the service provide support to the Chinese community in the South West region. You can contact them by phone 0808 802 0012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nilaari - is a local Back, Asian and Minority Ethnic- led charity with therapists delivering support talking therapies and workshops for students experiencing the rigours of university life. The charity is currently offering all services via telephone.
- Out of Hours Team - If you have an issue and it's between 19:00 and 07:00 or on the weekend, ring our out of hours team. They can help you get the answers you need.
If you've remained living on campus through this period, please join UWE campus resident support group. The accommodation team are ready and waiting to support you through your stay.
- Read Next
- 6 Steps to Happiness in Lockdown Support For International Students UWE Bristol - Campus Resident Support Group Wellbeing & Mental Health Support Meet the Team Self-isolation: A student guide UWE Global Events Need the police, but can't speak? Weekly Global Cafe Looking After Yourself at UWE Ashlea's Lockdown Diary: How to Find Happiness In Isolation Get money smart at UWE
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE Stay healthy over summer!