Advice & Wellbeing
Need some extra support at UWE?
Moving to a new city, maybe a new country and starting university for the first time can be really exciting , but it can also be challenging and sometimes things don't go to plan.
We understand the might be times when you feel worried or anxious, but there's always somebody to talk to here at UWE, here are some useful contacts if you feel you need a bit of extra support ....
- Accommodation Services - The Accommodation Team can help you with your living situation or if you need help with day to day living in accommodation.
- The Students' Union Advice Centre - provides friendly, non-judgemental and confidential advice about housing, finances, academic issues and more. The SU Advice centre has now moved online, but don't hesitate to get in touch if you need extra support.
- Campus Security - For bothe urgent and non urgent enquiries. Please report crimes, security incidents or suspicious behaviour on UWE Bristol campuses to our Security Team.
- Out of Hours Team - If you have an issue and it's between 19:00 and 07:00 or on the weekend, ring our out of hours team. They can help you get the answers you need.
- The Wellbeing Service - UWE provides wellbeing support for students. The support is available online and over the phone. The Wellbeing Service is currently open; however, all appointments are now via telephone. You can visit the website or call on +44(0)117 3286268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UWE Bristol Money Service - As a current student, you can get advice from our Money Advisers on Government funding and financial support during your studies. They can help with anything from complex money queries, repeat funding, fee status and support with managing your money.
- Kooth Student - is a free, safe and anonymous online chat service, you can talk about anything that's on your mind.
- UWE Global Student Support Team - is on hand to help all international students. Whether you're still in the UK or in your home country get in touch by email email@example.com, telephone 0117 32 86195.
- Student Support Advisors - If you are struggling with your academic work, exams or finding it difficult to adapt to new online working you should make an appointment with a Student Support Advisor or talk to one of your tutors.
- Read Next
- UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support Self-isolate like a pro! UWE Bristol - Campus Resident Support Group Support For International Students #UWE Feel Good - settling in Meet the Team SPACED! Free Advice & Support on Drugs & Alcohol Flat-sharing Drama Self-Isolation: Ashlea's Lockdown Diary: How to Find Happiness In Isolation PT Mondays & Thursdays Bristol International Student Centre - events, advice & support Accommodation Customer Services Desk Student Village - post and parcels Self-isolating? 10 ways to keep you busy!
- Blackbullion - Money Advice Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook How to choose your accommodation at UWE!