Advice & Wellbeing
Need some extra support at UWE ?
This year has been tough, there has been a lot of uncertainty. Moving to a new city, maybe a new country and starting university for the first time can be really exciting , but it can also be challenging and sometimes things don't go to plan.
We understand that you might be feeling a bit anxious or worried but there's always somebody to talk to here at UWE, here are some useful contacts if you feel you need a bit of extra support ....
- Accommodation Services - The Accommodation Team can help you with your living situation or if you are struggling day to day in accommodation.
- The Students' Union Advice Centre - provides friendly, non-judgemental and confidential advice about housing, finances, academic issues and more. The SU Advice centre has now moved online, but don't hesitate to get in touch if you need extra support.
- The Wellbeing Service - UWE provides wellbeing support for students. The support is available online and over the phone. The Wellbeing Service is currently open; however, all appointments are now via telephone. You can visit the website or call on +44(0)117 3286268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kooth Student - is a free, safe and anonymous online chat service, you can talk about anything that's on your mind.
- UWE Global Student Support Team - is on hand to help all international students. Whether you're still in the UK or in your home country get in touch by email email@example.com, telephone 0117 32 86195.
- Student Support Advisors - If you are struggling with your academic work, exams or finding it difficult to adapt to new online working you should make an appointment with a Student Support Advisor or talk to one of your tutors.
- Chinese Community Society - this is a free telephone helpline service to seek assistance on a range of issues, the service provide support to the Chinese community in the South West region. You can contact them by phone 0808 802 0012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nilaari - is a local Back, Asian and Minority Ethnic- led charity with therapists delivering support talking therapies and workshops for students experiencing the rigours of university life. The charity is currently offering all services via telephone.
- Out of Hours Team - If you have an issue and it's between 19:00 and 07:00 or on the weekend, ring our out of hours team. They can help you get the answers you need.
- Read Next
- Support For International Students UWE Bristol - Campus Resident Support Group UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support Meet the Team Self-isolation: A student guide UWE Cares online welcome event UWE Chaplaincy UWE Global Events Need the police, but can't speak? Looking After Yourself at UWE Join UWE Hockey today Global Cafe - weekly event SPACED! Free Advice & Support on Drugs & Alcohol 14 Essential Apps for life at UWE
- Blackbullion - Money Advice 18 unexpected things you need at uni Life in the UK vs. China How to use social media to settle into freshers life Breaking the ice with your new flatmates