Meningitis - Know the Facts
It's time to start your new adventure, but there are a few important things you need to know before you arrive.
As a student you are in an at risk group in regards to catching meningitis, the MenACWY vaccine protects you against some types of meningitis and septicemia. . It's free to all students under 25, including international students , so make sure you book in with your GP to have this vaccination.
While you are at the GP, why not take the time to make sure that you are up to date on all your vaccinations.
Know the signs -
- High temperature or fever
- Feeling drowsy
- Confusion or disorientation
- Being violently sick
- Severe headache
- Neck stiffness (can't touch your chin to your chest)
- Joint or muscle pains
- Rapid deterioration of health
- Rash of tiny spots red/purple in colour, which may spread to look like bruising. In the majority of cases, the rash does not disappear when pressed firmly, a good way to check this is to press a glass against it.
- Read Next
- Hey HallsLife Bristol Big Give Meet your GLENSIDE Resident Assistants 2018/2019! Strapped for Cash? In need of a Job? The Students' Union Advice Centre Fire Awareness Sessions Friday Funday - Every Friday at the SU
- Fire Awareness Sessions Accommodation Customer Services Desk HallsLife presents: SUMMER Celebration How I funded my summer... Repairs Request