Advice & Wellbeing
Happy Mind Collective - FREE mindfulness courses
Who are Happy Mind Collective?
Our aim is to make mindfulness more accessible. Starting with school children and then their teachers and parents, we realised that simple, everyday mindfulness techniques could have a big affect on people’s productivity and wellbeing.
An introduction to mindfulness
Designed for busy students, our introductory mindfulness course has been written as a practical ‘how to guide’. It’s designed for students of all ages and levels, 15 minute videos, tackling the the most persistent problems in your day such as focus, planning, prioritisation and workload.
Divided into 10 concise modules, the techniques are designed to be easily applied to daily work tasks to integrate mindfulness into your work life, giving immediate benefits to your productivity and performance.
As a UWE Bristol student you get free access to the modules from now until Sunday 28 February.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
- Helps to replace negative thought patterns and rewire your brain by creating positive mind qualities.
- Teaches you to respond mindfully to unforeseen problems that crop up in your day rather than reverting to negative unhelpful habits.
- Develops a more balanced and high performing mind by increasing focus and effective prioritisation.
- Decreases in unproductive multitasking and mental tiredness and stress.
- Studies have also shown that it improves memory and sleep quality.
We aim for helpful, prescriptive information without theory and mysticism. So we give you the most immediate practical information straight away. Once you have seen the benefits you will look for its broader application in your life and work.
To get started simply create an account and start working your way through the modules.
This course acts as an introduction to mindfulness, if you want to take the practice further we have more in depth programs that develop a daily practice.
- Read Next
- Flat-sharing Drama Need some extra support at UWE? My 6 Steps to Happiness #World Sleep Day - Top Tips #World Sleep Day - Do you have a positive relationship with your bed? Support For International Students Need the police, but can't speak? Bristol International Student Centre - events, advice & support Virtual Global Reception UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support Statement from South Wales Police on drug safety Important information - Xanax Join UWE Hockey today Looking After Yourself at UWE Bristol and Bath Volunteering Q&As
- Pack the perfect picnic National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Blackbullion - Money Advice Your guide to International food stores in Bristol Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide