Why try Veganuary!
Have you ever thought about trying a vegan diet?
There are numerous advantages of going meat and dairy free, or at least having more frequent vegan meals in the week. SHU Catering are taking part in Veganuary to showcase all of our existing vegan products, and to highlight some of the benefits it can have on your health and the environment.
What's so good about a vegan diet?
According to some sources, people with a balanced vegan diet have a lower BMI due to the majority of the staple foods being lower in saturated fats than the meat alternative. So if you want a way of shedding some of those extra pounds from Christmas, eating vegan alternatives may just give you that boost you need!
Have a look at our video to find out more about the Vegan diet and its benefits from the SHSU Vegan and Vegetarian Society.
Best of all, we have vegan lunches and snacks available in EVERY SINGLE ONE of our SHU catering outlets! So whether you're a full-time Vegan, or just trying a healthier lunch, you'll always find a vegan option on campus - just look out for the following image in our outlets this month to see where the vegan stuff is at...
What can Vegans eat on campus?
- You can get a vegan sandwich in every one of our outlets
- Soup! The majority of our soups are vegan
- Vigour Vita hot meals in Charles Street Deli are all vegan - plus you can now take-away this meals from our Adsetts outlet
- Our Harvest bar is always vegan, with the option of adding meat if you want it.
Who knew Vegan could be so yummy!
- Read Next
- Try vegan this January Taste Hallam are doing Veganuary! Adding value to your student experience! Resolutions you can actually stick to... Love SHU Card! The ULTIMATE guide to British food 5 winter delights you can make in a MUG! Browzer Picks: Places to eat in Sheffield How to cope with your 'winter blues'
- Unique Valentines date ideas Rooms available for Semester 2! First year, second term - a guide to survival The Hallam Pop-up Shop City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus!