Tips for a great Freshers night out!
Your first week at Sheffield Hallam will be pretty jam packed.
Whilst you're out exploring the Steel City, you might go on an occasional night out, and if you do, follow these tips:
- Eat something before you go out - you don't want to be the one that heads home super early!
- Don't flash your valuables like cash, your phone, expensive clothes and shoes.
- Use busy, well-lit cash machines or go with a friend.
- Pace yourself and don't drink too much otherwise you'll get way too drunk and embarrass yourself or lose something.
- Never leave drinks unattended and keep a track of what and how much you're drinking.
- Stay with your friends when it comes to getting home - either walk together or get a licensed taxi. Remember the SHU Safe Taxi Scheme!
These tips will make sure you have a great night out and don't wake up with any regrets!
- Read Next
- Planning a Night Out? Do it Right... Getting around campus Peddler Night Market - December Keep Calm and Keep Safe Quiz: What kind of Fresher are you? 23 things that WILL happen in first year What's Browzer? Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Coping with homesickness at Hallam Looking After Yourself LIV Student top 5 student hangouts!
- City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! What happens at Graduation? Help us Help Christmas Cabin Getting around campus Enterprise Action Week - Including Prize Draw!