Tips for a great Freshers night out!
Your first week at Sheffield Hallam will be pretty jam packed.
Whilst you're out exploring the Steel City, you might go on an occasional night out, and if you do, follow these tips:
- Eat something before you go out - you don't want to be the one that heads home super early!
- Don't flash your valuables like cash, your phone, expensive clothes and shoes.
- Use busy, well-lit cash machines or go with a friend.
- Pace yourself and don't drink too much otherwise you'll get way too drunk and embarrass yourself or lose something.
- Never leave drinks unattended and keep a track of what and how much you're drinking.
- Stay with your friends when it comes to getting home - either walk together or get a licensed taxi. Remember the SHU Safe Taxi Scheme!
These tips will make sure you have a great night out and don't wake up with any regrets!
- Read Next
- Planning a Night Out? Do it Right... All the uni supplies you NEED Getting around campus How I funded my summer... What's Browzer? Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Looking After Yourself The mental health reality of my first year LIV Student top 5 student hangouts! Takeaways can save lives! Insta worthy spots in Sheffield
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice The mental health reality of my first year Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities