Living in The Elements: Student Blog
Kate, a SHU student from Ireland, talks you through her experiences of The Elements.
Hey I’m Kate,
I’ve moved to Sheffield all the way from Ireland! I have first hand experience of the worries you may encounter when moving far away from home but I can honestly say moving into the Elements couldn’t have made my life any easier! I can't recommend The Elements enough.
There are so many perks to living in The Elements such as;
1- It’s a 15 minute walk to both City and Colligiate campus
2- It is a 10 minute walk to the city centre or the bus stop is a 5 minute walk with buses coming regularly
3- There is an Aldi supermarket only a couple of steps from your door
4- Located in a vibrant student area, The Elements is close to a wide range of multi-cultural shops, restaurants, bars
Not only are there all the above perks but the actual accommodation itself is amazing. I've had friends over that can't believe the luxury that I'm living in! Living in student accommodation can make your life so much easier, here's some reasons why;
- All your bills are included with fast internet
- You can keep your room as warm or as cold as you like
- You have your own en-suite bathroom
- The kitchens come kitted out - no need to bring pots and pans
- If you lose your room key or lock yourself out there are security on call 24/7 to let you back in
- There is a cinema room!!
- A gym
- A study room where you can study with friend or practice presentations
- The management team take in your letters and parcels and notify you when they’ve arrived
The atmosphere in the Elements is very welcoming and peaceful. I would also like to say it is never too loud at night also but even if it is, there are caretakers on site through the night you can report noise to and they will intervene.
Living in The Elements has made my move to Sheffield so much easier and I've settled down so well in such a short amount of time. I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone regardless of what year of study you are in.
Until next time!
- Read Next
- The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Applied for halls, what next? Top 5 reasons to return to live in Hallam Halls Collection of possessions if you have left your accommodation Hall Spotlight: Devonshire Courtyard Hall Spotlight: The Trigon Hall Spotlight: The Forge Apply now to live in Halls! Apply now for Accommodation! Come live with us at The Elements LIV Student - New for 2019! It's time to LOVE where you LIVe at LIV Student! Moving in to The Elements made easy! THE private accommodation checklist
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice The mental health reality of my first year Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities