Hallam Achieve: Career enhacement for international students
Add this event to your calendar
The Hallam Achieve program ("Achieve") is specifically for international students, and is designed to enhance your employability success!
Through a series of interactive workshops, events and a mock interview, you will improve your confidence in navigating the recruitment process and securing employment following graduation! Workshops run from the 12th of February, and cover different aspects of career and employability development, aiming to helping you to identify and articulate your skills, knowledge and experience in an appropriate and professional way.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- An international undergraduate student in your 2nd or final year during the Academic year 2019-2020; OR
- An international postgraduate student
You are not eligible to apply if you:
- Are not a current SHU student for the Academic year 2019-2020
Upon completion, aside from the invaluable skills and relationships you will have developed throughout Hallam Achieve, you will also:
- Receive a Certificate, and a letter of completion outlining the workshops you have completed;
- Have gained in confidence in how to apply for degree-specific jobs;
- Know how to articulate your strengths to a potential employer;
- Have developed key soft skills that employers look for in graduates.
For more information, and to apply, please contact Sara Sullivan, Employability Adviser, on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read Next
- A rough guide to Hallam Libraries Open House Wednesdays - Hallam i-Lab Student Support: We've got your back We're here to help: Hallam Help Mental Health Basics Training Private Sector Housing? Try SHU first Browzer Tips - How to Design for print Browzer Tips - Laptop Lockers Browzer Tips - How to book a PC & rooms in SHU libraries
- Cleaning hacks inspired by Mrs Hinch! Top 5 reasons to return to live in Hallam Halls Sheff Speak; Learn t'Talk Reyt... New Active Wellbeing Classes SHU Fest 2020