Gone in 20 seconds...
It can only take seconds...
Don't let bike thieves win! Follow our Browzer Dos and Don'ts to help keep your bike safe and secure:
- Record a description of your bike to include the make, model and frame number. Take a photo and note any distinctive marks or features and their exact location.
- Mark your bike with a property marking kit and register it with immobilise or a similar property register scheme.
- Lock it up with good quality, sturdy locks (both wheels and frame) whenever and wherever you park, even if just for a few minutes.
- Keep receipts as proof of purchase in case you need to make a claim on your insurance.
- Don't leave your bike unattended, not even for a second unless it has been locked.
- Don't park it in the dark, poorly lit, lonely places, even if it has been secured.
- Don't leave your bike unlocked in the garden, outside of uni or at your halls, store it in a lockable garage/out building, or use recognised cycle stands and lock it.
- Don't leave accessories on the bike that may be attractive to thieves and that can easily be removed such as lights and quick release saddles.
Bringing your bicycle to SHU? There's plenty of cycle parking at both City and Collegiate Campus.
- Read Next
- What3words - help when lost Secure it, Conceal it, Remove it or Lose it Drugs - know the risks, know how to get help Get home with City Taxi & the Safe Taxi Scheme Coronavirus Impact: Information for Students Insta worthy spots in Sheffield LIV Student top 5 student hangouts! Sheffield - make the most of the outdoor city Discount at Chambers Of Sheffield Customer Services - We're here to help
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice Be Part of Team Trigon! Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Breaking News: Coronavirus Update and Advice