Dark Nights, Stay Safe
It's that time of year, summer has gone, and thoughts are turning to Bonfire Night and Christmas as the dark nights start to draw in...
Although Sheffield is one of the safest cities in the UK, it's still important to keep your wits about you, stay safe AND have fun, so here’s some advice how:
Click here to download the poster to display in your accommodation.
- STICK TO BOTTLED DRINKS: This way you can put your thumb, or even better, a bottle stopper over the top to stop unwanted substances being consumed. Keep an eye on them too, don’t leave your drinks unattended!
- HOW ARE YOU GETTING HOME? Always make sure you have a travel plan before you go on a night out to ensure you are safe coming home. Don’t forget about the Safe Taxi Scheme!
- STICK TOGETHER: Try to stick with your mates when it comes to a night out as it decreases your vulnerability and chances of being a target for crime. If you see anything suspicious, or want to report a crime call 999 in emergency, or 101 for non-emergency response.
- WOULD YOU DO IT SOBER? Before trying anything you think is appropriate, ask yourself “would you do it sober?” if the answer is 'no' it’s probably best to leave it!
- MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED:If it gets to the end of the night and you’re on your phone you need to be able to contact your friends - don’t let your phone die because you came out on 5%.
- Read Next
- Get home with City Taxis & the Safe Taxi Scheme Stay Safe at Sheffield Hallam Get home with City Taxi & the Safe Taxi Scheme City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! Introducing Hideout Drugs - know the risks, know how to get help Welcome to your Students' Union (a tour) Keep Calm and Keep Safe 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life The Social at SHSU FREE Printing at SHSU It's a Coffee Union
- Apply now for Accommodation! Why I'm staying at The Elements... It's ok not to feel ok... Going Home for Christmas? Top 5 reasons to return to live in Hallam Halls