Browzer Tips - Laptop Lockers
Did you know that as well as the library laptop lockers, there are several other laptop lockers around both campuses?
What's more, when you log in you can access everything you would usually find on a University PC.
Follow these steps to secure your laptop:
- Swipe your SHUcard against the card reader on the front of the locker
- Find your laptop in the indicated locker bay
- Return the laptop to the locker you got it from when you are finished
The laptops have a three hour loan period and can be found in the following locations...
Cantor Level 2 (to the left of the lift)
Charles Street - Ground Floor (near the lecture theatre)
Charles Street Level 2 (top of the stairs)
Charles Street Level 4 (outside room 12.4.09)
Owen Building Level 2 (Atrium)
The HUBS - Level 1 (to the right of the stairs)
Heart of the Campus - Ground Floor (next to The Granary Cafe)
How do I return a laptop?
- Swipe your SHUcard aganst the reader
- The display panel will indicate which bay the laptop came from and automatically unlock the bay
- Open the locker and plug the laptop in with the power supply side nearest the door
- Close the locker and the display will show that the loan has been cancelled
Things to remember
- These laptops don't come with charging cables, so you won't need to find a plug socket
- You can use these laptops in any uni building, but these buildings will be locked overnight. Generally, university buildings are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday and closed at weekends
- Late laptop returns will result in a fine
- Read Next
- A rough guide to Hallam Libraries Browzer Tips - How to book a PC & rooms in SHU libraries How to make your second year house safe How green are you? How I funded my summer... Moving out of halls? Make sure you avoid any charges! THE private accommodation checklist Have you sorted your bills for next year?
- Your first fortnight at SHU bucketlist! Welcome Weekend & Check in #AdviceFromAGraduate: What I wish I knew about uni Sheffield Taste The World Food Festival Uni Hacks: You've got your place at Hallam. Now what?