Breaking News: Corona Virus latest
- The University and its buildings remain open - our intention is to continue to deliver and maintain services.
- However, we will use the week commencing Monday 16 March to manage a transition to teaching and learning activities being delivered online wherever possible, which will be completed by Monday 23 March.
- The University has taken the decision to postpone or cancel all University related international travel with immediate effect.
- We are establishing a University Help Centre with dedicated support to handle enquiries from students and staff, which will be operational from Monday 16 March.
- Please continue to follow national guidance - stay at home for seven days if you have either a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
- The best defence to prevent the spread of coronavirus continues to be good hand hygiene practices.
- We ask that you bookmark this page and check frequently for updates.
- You can view the latest advice from the NHS
The University is treating this as a major incident. Our top priority is always the health and safety of students, staff and those who make up our wider community across the globe.
An Incident Management Group, led by members of the University Leadership Team, is meeting regularly to carefully monitor the outbreak of coronavirus, and to implement contingency plans as the situation evolves.
We are closely following the latest advice and guidance issued by the UK Government and Public Health England. We will continue to take all appropriate and necessary steps, as required by the official advice, to keep our community safe.
We want to reassure you that we are doing all we can to plan for all possible circumstances, and as the situation changes we will keep you updated with any further action you may need to take.
- Read Next
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice Breaking News: Coronavirus Update and Advice Corona Virus: Advice for Students Accommodation: Apply through SHU How did we do? Let us know! Student Advice Centre - Academic Issues? Getting around campus Taste Hallam has gone cashless Student Support: We've got your back
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice Be Part of Team Trigon! Breaking News: Corona Virus latest Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places