HEALTH & WELLBEING
Your Guide to Online Exercise and Fitness
The current rules on social distancing are to stay at home, keeping exercise outside to just once a day. This means we are having to find more creative ways to stay fit and keep active from our homes. It's really important to our well being to ensure we make time for exercise in our daily routines. We've put together some info and links to free online resources that will help you stay active and keep positive during these times!
RGU Sport : Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Well
You might not be able to attend the University's gym and classes at the moment, but the RGU Sport team still have you covered from home!
You don't need an RGU Sport membership to join the community, just follow their social media and get involved with their fitness timetable below!
Aberdeen : Online Fitness from local Trainers and Instructors
- Rebel PT - Usually do boot camps and outdoor classes but are now posting free workouts on Instagram
- Food Story Yoga Classes on Zoom - Get the link to the Zoom meeting and join a Live yoga class, a suggested donation of £5-£10 advertised.
Celebrity Fitness & Exercise : Free home workouts and tutorials
- PE with Joe - The Body Coach Joe Wicks is broadcasting on his You Tube channel every day at 9am. OK, so this is aimed at kids, but adults are welcome to join in too!
- Own Your Goals by Davina - Now you can sign up to Davina McColls online fitness community for FREE! You'll get access to loads of home workouts, exercise and nutrition advice, all tailored to your own personal fitness goals.
- 20DV with Diversity - The Dance group Diversity, with Ashley Banjo, have now made their online dance studio free! Sign up to gain access to 100s of dance tutorials.
- Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg - The Strictly stars are taking to Instagram every day to teach basic dance moves and tutorials.
- Love Island stars on Instagram - Naturally, the contestants from previous Love Island series have taken to Instagram to share their Exercise and Nutrition tips. Check out Gabby Allen for daily fitness routines.
Free Online Gyms, Apps and Challenges
- Gym Shark - Download the Gym Shark Body Conditioning app for free body weight workouts, meaning you wont need a lot, if any equipment to work out.
- Barry's Bootcamp - Check out his Instagram for the schedule of online Instagram Live 30 minute workouts
- Orange Theory - For intense circuit workouts, check their Instagram Live workout schedule
- Kobox - For Live Streaming of Boxing workouts on Instagram Live
- Asana Rebel - Download the App for free Yoga Workouts
Remember to follow the rules and #stayhomestaysafe
- Read Next
- RGU Buddy Blog : The Benefits of Exercise to Students Living with a Feline Flatmate RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team Everything to do with eggs! Is it done yet? Spotlight On: Boundaries & Consent - The Right Way To Do It. Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice Food hacks to save you money The ULTIMATE guide to British food RGU Counselling & Wellbeing Guide to Online/Phone Sessions RGU Support for Front Line Workers Try these TikTok foodie hacks Is your diet as good as you think it is? Dealing with Stress Want to feel great and save some cash? Go veggie!
- Exploring Scotland : The Virtual Experience Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Around the world in 8 dishes Coping with Covid : Looking after your Mental Health Food and Delivery Services in Aberdeen