HEALTH & WELLBEING
RGU Counselling & Wellbeing Guide to Online/Phone Sessions
The RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Department understand that in the midst of the current situation adapting to a new form of counselling or wellbeing sessions may feel overwhelming, so please find below a few guidelines to making your first session as straightforward and simple as possible.
- Our sessions will take place over the phone, tablet or computer, so please make sure that you have enough charge, have a plug and cable nearby, and are connected to the internet if required. Let us know what form of contact works best for you before the first session.
- We understand that sleeping patterns can be a little off right now, so please set a reminder for the session early on enough to make sure you are awake and ready for it. Perhaps a snack or drink before the session can help sustain your energy levels. If you feel the session is too early for you, please get in touch with us to reschedule a later time.
- Confidentiality is our priority, so make sure that you will be undisturbed for the duration of the session. Finding some peace and quiet in a busy household can be difficult, so see what works for you, whether that is going for a walk or finding a quiet space in the house.
- If having a video session, install the required software and test it out prior to the session to avoid hiccups. Make sure your computer allows access to the microphone and camera, and they are both on. Place the device at eye level as this will give a face to face feeling to the session. Check that you’re in an environment you’re comfortable virtually sharing with your counsellor/wellbeing advisor.
- We are here to listen and support – so please give feedback to your counsellor/wellbeing advisor if you feel any changes can be implemented to improve the experience of the session.
- If you are unable to attend the session, kindly inform us at least 24 hours beforehand.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries about the above or any other issues.
You can get in touch on 01224 262120 or email@example.com
The Counselling and Wellbeing Team
- Read Next
- RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Services RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team RGU Support for Front Line Workers Dealing with Stress Coping with Covid : Looking after your Mental Health #RGUTogether : Celebrating the RGU Community Self-isolation: A student guide THE apps for moving to a new city Mentally preparing yourself for university... Have you sorted your bills for next year? 18 unexpected things you need at uni A night out in Aberdeen... Everything to do with eggs! Is it done yet? Spotlight On: Boundaries & Consent - The Right Way To Do It.
- 18 unexpected things you need at uni Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Let's be positive about male body image! What you need to know before arriving at uni