In Need of a Buddy? : Join the Online RGU Student Buddy Scheme
The RGU Student Buddy Scheme Online
Are you experiencing isolation as a result of the current situation? Or would you find it helpful to speak to someone online? If so, you can contact us to request a Student Buddy!
Student Buddies can chat online with you – via messenger, email or video chat. The buddy can contact you once or as many times as you wish.
What is a Student Buddy?
Student Buddies are current students who volunteer their time to assist other students. They can answer general questions, share their hints and tips on online study, advise on sources of help or just be someone to chat to.
Student Buddy, Mercy Ogunnusi, receiving her 2020 certificate from Rachel Grant, Team Leader of The Student Help Point.
How do I sign up?
- To register for a buddy, email BuddiesScheme@rgu.ac.uk and let us know you would like to join the scheme and be matched with a Student Buddy.
- You can let us know how you wish to connect with a buddy (eg messenger, email, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams).
- Also let us know if there is anything in particular you need support with.
Student Buddy Bart Grabski being handed his certificate for volunteering by Emmanuel Akerele, RGU:Union President of Education and Welfare.
Feedback from previous Student Buddies
"The buddy role gave me a chance to put my knowledge of Aberdeen and the University to good use. It is an avenue for significantly contributing towards an improved student learning experience and I enjoyed every bit of it."
Feedback from Students Matched to a Buddy
“The Buddy Scheme is a great idea and I am very happy that I took part!”
“I found the experience very useful. First of all, I found a new friend. Second of all, I received some tips about how to cope up with the situation of being in a new city.”
To sign up or for any queries, please contact BuddiesScheme@rgu.ac.uk
- Read Next
- Coping with Covid : Looking after your Mental Health #RGUTogether : Celebrating the RGU Community RGU Student Help Point - What we do.... Self-isolation: A student guide A RGU Student's Guide to Studying Online Dealing with Stress RGU Employability Hub : Student Job Opportunities and Advice RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Services RGU Clubs and Societies and Things to Do in Garthdee 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life Top 6 European getaways after lockdown! Let's be positive about male body image! Is it time for a digital detox? #MentalWellbeing: Managing stress at university Self-isolation: The best of Netflix
- Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Stay healthy over summer! What you need to know before arriving at uni Feeling anxious about starting uni? Around the world in 8 dishes