What's on in Edinburgh this July?
Add this event to your calendar
It's July, festival season is almost here and events are popping up all over the city! Make sure you get involved...
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival
12th - 21st July
The longest running jazz festival in the UK, not to be missed.
- Mardi Gras
Head to the grassmarket for an afternoon of non-stop entertainment and a host of bands!
- Edinburgh Festival Carnival
Music, dance, costumes, circus acrobats, puppetry from all over the world!
- Edinburgh Food Festival
19th - 28th July
Street food, entertainment, talks and debates!
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Kylie Minogue
14th -15th July
Fresh from Glastonbury, performing at our very own Edinburgh Castle
- The Proclaimers
20th - 21st July
Scottish born and breed duo take to the stage at the castle
- The Bodyguard
9th - 20th July
Starring the talented Alexandra Burke
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2 Market, Waverley Station
Every Friday in July
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in July
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in July
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
- Wild and Majestic: Romantic Vision of Scotland
Dramatic highland landscapes, heroic histories, tartan and bagpipes are among the defining images of Scotland for many people around the world today. This exhibition considers the origins of these ideas and explores how they were used to represent Scotland around the world.
- A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex features the wedding outfits worn by the couple at their wedding in May 2018.
- City of Edinburgh Running Festival
For all ages... give it a go!
- Glasgow to Edinburgh Trek
20th - 21st July
Take on this epic Scottish walking challenge, 30 hours and 100k non-stop!
Enjoy your July!
- Read Next
- Your guide to Edinburgh Fringe 2019 Doing the Edinburgh Fringe on a budget Jessica's Blog: Donnie Willow Music Review Jessica's Blog: Games We Play, Band Review Marty's Blog: 5 Cute (And Cheap) Dates For Valentines Day Jess's Blog: Half Formed Things, Band Review Sheeni's Blog: Jess Glynne - Always in Between Album Review Jessica's Blog: My Writing Process Eilidh's Blog: Must-have show tunes to spice up a theatre kid’s party playlist Jessica's Blog: Live Music in Edinburgh Things only Edinburgh locals will know...
- This week's menu in Maggie's Staff Catering Service in Maggie's Self-Service password reset available now Accommodation - Helpful Information Where to eat on Campus this Summer