ResLife Social Programme
If you have opted to live in our on-campus accommodation at QMU, you will have exclusive access to a large variety of ResLife events that are organised especially for our residential students. The ResLife team also work in partnership with the QMU Sports Centre and Students’ Union to ensure there is always something going on that you can get involved with. The ResLife programme is not only intended to give you opportunities to socialise, meet new people and have a lot of fun, but also to give you a chance to learn some valuable life skills along the way!
Your annual programme of ResLife events typically includes:
- Movie nights
- Scottish ceilidhs
- Cinema and trampoline park trips
- BBQs and Sunday brunches
- Parties, proms and balls
- Trips to local sites of interest e.g. Edinburgh Castle.
Life Skills Sessions
- Cookery classes
- Money management and budgeting
- Employment and interview skills
- CV writing, covering letters and application forms
Wellbeing and Personal Development
- Wellbeing sessions
- Mental health awareness
- Alcohol awareness
- Stress management
- Revision and essay writing techniques
- Literature searching and referencing
The ResLife programme is always developing and expanding so if you have a suggestion for an event that you know your fellow students will benefit from please email your ResLife Coordinator – they are always pleased to hear your suggestions and receive feedback!
Get involved and help shape your ResLife programme
For those of you with a passion for leadership, events organisation and project management you now have the opportunity to contribute to the structure and organisation of the ResLife events programme by becoming a member of the ResLife Student Social Committee. This is a great chance for you to start adding some useful extras to your CV as well as having fun, networking and meeting new people. Not to mention organising some amazing events!
If you are interested in being on the ResLife Student Social Committee contact your ResLife Coordinator. Recruitment for the committee happens at the beginning of Semester One and Semester Two.
- Read Next
- Did you know QMU has it's own BBQ area?! The ResLife Team QMConnect Peer Support Project What is QMU's new student support system? Do you want to work as a student ambassador? Sports & Societies at QMU: what you need to know Elena's Blog: How to write a cover letter Wellbeing Service at QMU Juuso's Blog: Being an international student at QMU International Students: Welcome to QMU! How to save AND make serious cash
- Just Eat Bikes at QMU Your Freshers 2019 Guide ALL the information you need for moving into QMU halls this September Self-Service password reset available now Student Shopping Guide to Musselburgh