QMU IT: Digital Experience Festival 2019
IT Services held their first ever Digital Festival at the start of term. The Festival, which included an enhanced and immersive programme of digital induction and digital support during the two week induction period, ran from the 9th - 20th September 2019 and was open to and attended by new and returning students and staff. This has been seen by all who attended as a great success which we will look to build on in the future.
What is the Digital Experience Festival?
Maybe you missed out this time...but not to worry, read all about the Digital Experience Festival here.
As part of the festival, we ran GEEK STATION in the LRC - this allowed us to give you one on one support to help you get your devices connected to WIFI, logins set up for digital applications and talk to us about your digital security.
Interesting stats about our Geek Station:
- 210 students “through the door”
- 208 students issues resolved
- 70 hours / 10 days of enhanced induction and support.
- 34 oranges / 30 apples eaten by our students
- 10 different IT staff rotating
- 30 Excellent ratings
- 2 Good ratings
- 0 Satisfactory ratings
- 0 Awful ratings
"Quick and straight to the point. Geek station was awesome. :) Thank you guys"
"Any questions I had was answered there and then in a very friendly manner. Thanks"
"Personable, accessible help. Remembered my name when I kept returning. Very human. Thanks"
"Huge help when in need"
"Very informative and helpful."
"I felt very supported. They solved all my problems and I would be happy to recommend your service. Thank you!"
"incredibly friendly, light-hearted but clear-communicating help "
"Not sure of the name of the man I saw but he was very patient and helpful Kind regards"
"Thank you very much for your help and advice. My issue was solved very quickly!"
"I couldn't be happier with the techie guys who helped me out. I was made to feel comfortable and they were very attentive. I think they are amazing! "
"Very kind and supportive staff. Glad to know that this service exists to help myself if I have any issues. Staff couldn’t have been more friendly."
"The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and sorted out my problem quickly"
"Had a great time playing mario kart whilst the issues with my student card were getting fixed, thought it was really fun. Student card was fixed quickly too"
- Read Next
- Want alerts about IT at QMU straight to your phone? My QMU - welcome to your own dedicated mobile app! Did you know?......OneDrive For Students Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend Digital Assessment Skills Keep up to date with QMU IT Alerts Step up with QMU Get protected from Measles Thinking about organising an event on campus? QMU Enterprise Mentoring Programme Looking for a part-time job? Fresh Ideas Competition - enter today How to join a Sport or Society Download the Browzer App now...
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting The ultimate guide to becoming a vegetarian 18 unexpected things you need at uni