Prince's Trust Enterprise Programme
Add this event to your calendar
Wednesday 5th February, 13.30pm - 19.30pm
Saturday 8th February, 09.00am - 16.00pm
We’re delighted to run another series of Enterprise Skills @ QMU this semester. These are open to staff and students – anyone in the QMU community who may have an idea they want to explore.
The series of workshops starts with a two-day course delivered by the Prince’s Trust. They will be running their Stage 2 programme, Explore Enterprise, over the afternoon and early evening of Wednesday 5 February and all day on Saturday 8 February at QMU. Sandwiches will be provided on both days.
The course will cover the basics including employment vs self-employment, business plans, managing tax and money. In addition, participants will also have access to the following Prince’s Trust funding opportunities:
- Will it work grant - up to £250 to test an aspect of your business, for instance, testing a new product or to carry our market research;
- A grant of up to £1000 (average amount awarded is £500) to help in start-up costs;
- The Prince's Trust can introduce young people to the start-up loans company who can offer loans up to £5000 to be repaid at 6%
Finally, complete the two-day course and you may take part in Stage 3, Build Your Business.
- Read Next
- Enterprise Skills at QMU - Spring 2020 Programme Join the QMU Mentoring Programme today Fresh Ideas Competition - enter today Making the most of your time here at QMU Are you a vegetarian or meat avoider? Browzer is now on Instagram! QMU Enterprise Mentoring Programme How to join a Sport or Society Sports & Societies at QMU: what you need to know QMConnect Peer Support Project RISE QMU Healthcare, Faith & Chaplaincy Information QMU IT: Digital Experience Festival 2019 Just Eat Bikes at QMU Juuso's Blog: SIM plan tips and recommendations
- This week's menu in 1875! Self-Service password reset available now Update your myQMU app Your Maggie's Menu Conference & Events Newsletter - January 2020