Fun food facts to pick up your day!
For all you foodies out there, have you heard these facts before?!
- In 2014, Haagen-Dazs unveiled its first vegetable carrot- and tomato-flavoured ice cream in Japan, The series was called Spoon Vege. As expected it didn’t really win people over.
- The latest hipster coffee trend is ‘Bulletproof Coffee’ - organic butter and coconut oil whisked into a double espresso. It is claimed to suppress appetite and boost brain power, but clocks up 400kcal a cup.
- The biggest ever pizza was 5m sq. and weighed 45kg (Texas 2013).
- The Dutch fought the Portuguese (between 1602-1663) to access trade routes for importing cinnamon.
- To drink your required 1.5 litres of liquid a day will take about 150 sips, or 10 an hour through the waking day.
- Pharaoh Ramses IV of Ancient Egypt had his eyes replaced with small onions when he was mummified because Ancient Egyptians believed the rings and layers of onions represented eternal life.
- Read Next
- 5 things worth knowing about coffee! Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Quick round up of food on campus Free hot drink? Yes, please! The ULTIMATE guide to British food The ULTIMATE guide to British food Chef Rich's Recipe of the Week Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice Recipe Easy Vegetable Curry Recipe Try vegan this January 5 winter delights you can make in a MUG! 5 winter delights you can make in a MUG! Starbucks open 7 days a week Your Maggie's Breakfast Menu Chef Rich's Recipe of the Week
- This week's menu in 1875! Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Come food shopping with me... Your Maggie's Breakfast Menu Upright bike