Beginners Running Group
A welcoming group following an 9 week programme to guide you from beginner to 5k hero!
Taking up running can seem like a scary prospect, especially if you’ve never done it before.
Join us on this tried and tested, popular programme which is designed for beginners to gradually build running ability, so you can run 5k without stopping.
The aim of this program is to get you exercising by completing 3 runs per week with rest days in between. It works by building up your stamina and fitness through interval training, where you run for so many minutes, and then recover by walking, then you run again, and so on.
At the end of the 9 weeks we plan to head down to our local Parkrun and complete 5k together, as a group!
Find out more about Parkrun Here!
Running Group Info:
- Led by qualified Sports Centre staff
- Sessions are FREE
- Every Wednesday afternoon 1:30-2:30pm
- Starts Wednesday 4th March
- Meet outside the QMU sport centre
- Beginners welcome
For more information or to register your interest email: email@example.com
Please bring/wear appropriate running gear and trainers
Couch to 5k is a FREE App from NHS
- Read Next
- Bike Breakfast: Thur 12th March How to make the most of your CV 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds How to join a Sport or Society Free February Making the most of your time here at QMU Sports & Societies at QMU: what you need to know 10 completely free things to do in Edinburgh Mental Health First Aid Courses QMConnect Peer Support Project Enterprise Skills at QMU - Spring 2020 Programme QMU Enterprise Mentoring Programme Starting a New Society Fresh Ideas Competition - enter today Food For The Future With Prue Leith-Competition
- This weeks menu in 1875! Your Maggie's Menu Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Perfect Pie Competition ResLife's Pancake Extravaganza!