You know you're a student when....
- The words coursework or deadline mean that you break out in sweats, feel like the world is ending and have to fight back tears because your work is due in like 3 days and you’ve still got about 1000 words to write.
- You've written about 3000 words and the deadline is only 2000 words. So now you have to delete many, many precious words - but they're all so important
- You have to convince people that you’re not living off baked beans and noodles.
Nooo, my diet is bread and cereal based, with the occasional pizza – not takeaway but frozen and loads and loads of biscuits, chocolate and icecream. (Kidding, I also have grapes and oranges - about once a month.)
- You know to have your earphones on loud on Wednesday unless you're part of the screaming group of people going to Hot Mess on Wednesday night.
- When your most used phrase are "what even is sleep" and "I'm tired".
"How are you?"
"Did you do anything yesterday?"
"Nope, I tried to sleep, but what even is sleep?"
- Your bank account balance moves like a binary code - from £1100.10 when student loans drop to £0000.01 three months later.
- Food is therapy
- You will do all you can to get some food.
- Your bed is the only one constant thing that you can rely on
- You know that without the internet you would not be able to do anything.
- You'd rather buy something from China and wait months for it to get delivered than just go to the shops and buy it.
- Getting parcels makes you so happy, even though you know you've bought things you don't need, again.
- You can always find many other 'important' things to do than your work.
- Read Next
- Advice to my first year self The best places to eat in MCR The do's and don'ts of university exams How I make my long distance relationship last How I survive exam season How to be the BEST neighbour Can't doze off? Tips from a 2nd year How Britney Spears affected my mental health. Adulting: the untold truth How to find a part time job Got a job interview? What it's like being a student from outside the UK Can you have a good night out without alcohol?
- Be in with a chance of winning your very own Uni-Pug! Did someone say rev sesh?! What's around Birley? Looking back on my final year 5 things to do when you have settled in