January Deals and Discounts
It's January ...
You’ve probably spent all your money on Christmas – the parities, the gifts, the “I really shouldn’t but I really like it” presents for yourself.
So what do you want? Discounts!
And what am I going to give you? A list of the coolest websites to get the hottest deals and discounts right now.
- Unidays - sign up to them using your university email and you can find discounts for loaaads of brands; 10% off Asos, Nike, New Look - what are you waiting for? You can get up to 35% off at HP via UNIDAYS - take advantage of the generous saving and treat yourself to a new laptop, tablet or printer.
- Student beans - just like Unidays, you'll need to sign up using your university email - but once you've done that - discounts galore.
- NUS Totum - this one costs money, starting from about £12 a year, but the amount of money you'll save with it is pretty cool. You'll get a physical card you'll be able to use instore and online. 25% off Odeon tickets anyone?
- Save The Students –not only do Save The Student have a discount page, but they also have a free stuff page too - check it out!
Cashback sites basically give you back money when you buy things. Who doesn't want to get paid for shopping? The amount you get back won't be amazing - but something is always better than nothing. And... cashback sites also offer discounts and deals with certain brands.
Other ways to save you money
- Too good to go? The app lets you buy food that would have been thrown away from £2.80. Handy for days when you can’t (read as: can’t be bothered to cook) but are too broke for a takeaway. Cons – you have to go and collect the food at a pre-scheduled time.
- Shopmium – allows you access amazing offers such as free items (you pay the full amount but they refund you via paypal) or discounts on certain items.
- Latest Free Things - not all the freebies might be relevant, but there are some good things on the site and they are usually totally free.
Thank me later.
- Read Next
- Getting around the UK: the ULTIMATE travel guide Adulting: the untold truth Can't doze off? Exploring Outside of Manchester: Blackpool Got a job interview? Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran How Britney Spears affected my mental health. How to be organised: Tips from a final year student What it's like being a student from outside the UK Tips from a 2nd year The best way to tackle an interview Advice to my first year self You know you're a student when....
- Spotlight on... Manchester Met Halls Missed the RA recruitment deadline? You should read this! 10 fun things to do in Manchester Things only your BEST friends can get away with How to make your second year house safe