This week when you’re doing your weekly shop, we thought you may like to try a new recipe to mix things up a bit…
Roasted Vegetable and Halloumi Bake is an absolutely delicious meal and a ‘throw it all in a dish’ classic. The dish will serve 4, or last for 4 meals for one person. If you want to bulk it out a bit have some warm crusty bread or some hummus on the side.
- 2 peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced in to wedges
- 1 aubergine, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 200g red lentils
- 250g pack halloumi, thickly sliced
- Olive Oil (to cover the veg)
- 1 veg stock – in 400ml of hot water
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan / mark 6). Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you want. Mix everything together.
- Roast the vegetables for 25min until they are almost tender. Sprinkle over the lentils, move the veg around to make sure the lentils are underneath. Pour over the hot stock. Continue to roast for a further 15 - 20min until the lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- Preheat the grill to high. Lay the halloumi slices on top of the roasted vegetables and grill for around 5min until golden.
- Serve & Enjoy!