During this assessment period we understand students can feel more stressed than usual. With this in mind, please see below an excellent variety of online resources recommended to help you cope with any stress and anxiety you are currently experiencing.
- Big White Wall offers free, confidential online support around the clock for UoL students - click here to register and explore.
- Student Minds have created a support page here for students affected by coronavirus. There is also helpful advice in their Student Blogs here too.
- NHS Every Mind Matters provides practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing here. You can also, check out the NHS’ 5 Steps to mental wellbeing for tips relevant to the coronavirus and also managing anxiety more generally.
- Mind has a whole host of helpful resources on wellbeing here.
- The University of Liverpool website has lots of resources to use for relaxation and meditation, which are really good for stress management. For example, their relaxation programme can be streamed or downloaded here.
- The University has partnered with SilverCloud Health to offer a free online self-help module for any students. 'Space from Stress' is a proactive and practical self-help programme that provides you with the tools and techniques to manage stress and bring balance into your life. Click here to find out more.
- The Mind Map is working in partnership with The University of Liverpool offering out of hours on-line counselling (Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm) - you can book here. You can also check out their wealth of online resources here.
- We regularly update the Halls Life website with articles such as this to offer you support during this difficult time. Click here for some advice about the best stress busting foods, here to learn more about looking after your skin in lockdown and here to do a Les Mills bedroom workout with one of our Residential Advisers.
There are also a number of apps available for your phone supporting self-care and managing anxiety:
- Wysa is an emotionally intelligent chatbot which employs research-backed, widely used techniques such as CBT, DBT, Yoga and meditation, to support users with stress, anxiety, sleep, loss and a whole range of other mental health and wellness needs. Click here to download.
- Fabulous takes a holistic approach to motivate users to be more productive and have higher energy. The app is more than just a habit tracker, or a way to create new rituals – it’s a personal coach and happiness trainer. Click here to download.
- eQuoo is an evidence-based Emotional Fitness Game, combining the excitement and joy of gaming and the expertise of mental health professionals to provide a new form of mobile prevention and therapy for young adults 18-28-years old. Click here to download.