Moving day is pretty exciting, and there's a lot to think about, so here's our top tips for what to pack and plan for your first week and beyond!
- Don’t over-pack. Make a list of the basics you’ll need and remember you will find everything you need in the city if you've forgotten anything. We've got some advice on what to bring here.
- Make sure you bring staple food and drink. If you have the best intentions but don't get round to it, there are big supermarkets nearby at ASDA Smithdown Road, Tesco Liverpool One and Aldi St Johns
- Do not forget important documentation, passports, driving licence, accommodation contracts etc.
- Bring photos to stick to your wall to make it feel like home- but leave enough room for photos of new memories you're about to make too!
- Make sure you've done your research and know what to expect before you arrive
- Make sure your stuff is in manageable bags / boxes that you will be able to carry yourself.
- Say Hello! Even if you're feeling nervous remember everyone is in the same boat and looking for a friendly face.
- Get out and about! Once you've met your flatmates it's great to go out and explore. Campus students can get their bearings in the centre while Greenbank students have plenty to explore on Smithdown Road.
Once you've moved in
- Make time to explore your local area.
- Make time for some admin. Sign up to a doctors, scope out the library and update your CV ... all of these things will make your first year much easier.
- You're going to be moving to one of the greatest cities in the world so keep exploring! As well as your Halls, these are key accounts we recommend following to stay up-to-speed: