Move in is always a really exciting and busy time, and this year we will be taking more measures than ever to ensure all students and staff feel as comfortable and safe as possible. Please read the guidance below to prepare you for move in day.
Move In Slot
You will book an Arrival Slot and due to COVID 19 restrictions and social distancing guidelines it is crucial you only arrive within this time slot. If you're running late please call your hall reception, contact details here. Do not arrive if it is not your Arrival Slot as you will have a long wait. Once you have arrived there is not a limit on how long you have to move in, however we would encourage all students to be mindful of freeing up space for others to move in / get into car parking spaces etc in a safe manner.
We ask that students collect their keys from their Hall Reception before they begin unloading their belongings. In your online induction you will be told exactly where to head to collect your keys. Once you have your keys there will be staff and temporary signage to tell you where to park.
Collecting your keys
Please be aware, if you arrive outside of your pre-booked arrival slot, you will experience a long wait to check in.
To ensure Social Distancing when moving in you will only be permitted to bring two additional people with you to help with the move. Any guests will be asked to wait outside reception while you collect your keys. Hall Receptions will have perspex screens in place and hand sanitiser available, we also ask that face coverings are worn indoors.
Upon arrival you will need to show your ID and contract agreement to reception in order to receive your key.
Unloading your belongings
We will have trolleys available to help you move your things into your room. Student helpers will be on hand to ensure trolleys are wiped down once returned to ensure they are clean. Once you're finished unloading please return the trolley to where you collected it from.
Moving in safely
- To ensure Social Distancing when moving in you will only be permitted to bring two people with you to help with the move
- Face coverings should be worn by all students and their guests in all areas during the move in process
- There will be social distancing guidelines in place - please maintain 2 metres distance from others and follow the one way system implemented throughout the Hall and communal areas, which will be signed
- Only students will be able to go in to reception to collect keys - we ask that all guests wait outside while you check yourself in.
- Hand sanitiser available in reception and around your Hall.
- Trolleys will be available to help you move your belongings and student helpers will be on hand to ensure trolleys are wiped down once returned to ensure they are clean.
- Lifts (where relevant) are limited to one person/household at a time
- If you or a member of your household are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 you must follow the governments guidance on self-isolation and should not attempt to move into Halls until your self-isolation period has ended. This includes any intended guests
You can see some further advice on preparing for move in day here.