If you're new to the city, and the UK more generally, we thought a guide to some of the places you can buy different things might be helpful...
There are lots of supermarket chains around the city, catering to a range of budgets and preferences. Aldi and Lidl are usually great for cheap food, whilst stores like ASDA and Tesco tend to have the biggest stores with the widest range of items on sale. You'll find a mix of larger stores and smaller 'convenience' stores, sometimes from the same chain.
Larger supermarkets near Campus:
- Aldi St John's shopping centre
- Lidl – Lime Street and London Road
Search which is closest to you here
- Tesco Hanover Street
Smaller supermarkets near Campus:
- Matta's International Food Bold Street
- LIV Organic and Natural Food Market
- SIDA Chinese and Oriental Supermarket Bold Street
- 中華行 Hardy Street
- Purple Carrot (Vegan) Smithdown Road
- A number of Chinese stores along Myrtle Street
Other stores to look out for:
Some other shops that are worth visiting are places like Home Bargains, B&M Stores, and Poundland. These shops are discount stores that offer a range of homewares, kitchen items, toiletries, cleaning products, some food items (tinned, packets etc, not usually fresh food), stationery and other items at a cheap price.
Near to Campus:
- Home Bargains Audley Street, St Johns Shopping Centre, Hanover Street
- B&M London Road
- Poundland St Johns Centre