If you are self-isolating in University Halls, we appreciate this may be a stressful time. We will contact you via email with exact guidance and ensure that you are supported. Please see the below information to clarify what is required of you and what help is available.
If you are self-isolating, you should not:
- Leave your student accommodation, unless for urgent medical assistance, or if you cannot arrange for essentials, such as medicines, to be delivered
- Have any visitors, unless providing essential care
- Go outside to buy food or other essentials or exercise
- Use public transport or taxis
As soon as you are self-isolating:
- You should inform the University via Liverpool Life as soon as you are self-isolating.
- Please also inform your Hall Reception of when you are self-isolating and why. Their contact details are here.
Support Available whilst Self-Isolating
Your wellbeing during this time is our top priority, and we want to make your time in isolation as comfortable as possible.
- We will contact you with exact guidance and ensure that you are supported in terms of your well-being, food, medical supplies and washing/cleaning arrangements etc.
- Your Hall Team are available 24/7, and are available to assist with any queries or requests you have. You can contact your Halls Team here.
- Residential Advisers are on Duty Overnight, and contactable for any pastoral concerns you may have. The Duty Phone number can be found here. Your Residential Adviser will be in contact with you either via phone or via Teams/Zoom to check in and see how you are doing.
- The Student Advice and Guidance Team have a range of support options available to you, from Counselling Sessions, to Money Advice. You can see what they have to offer here.
Please nominate a friend who is not isolating to collect post and parcels on your behalf. Simply send an email to your Hall Reception to confirm their name. Your friend will be required to show their Student ID on collection of your items. If you are struggling to find someone to deliver these to you contact your Hall Reception who will be able to assist.
You should only be having essential items delivered to halls, any non-essential items should be delivered to local Amazon lockers or collect+ shops.
You will need to contact your flat mates to arrange suitable times to use the cluster kitchen ensuring there are no other members of the household in the kitchen when you are using this space. In order to make sure your kitchen area is safe for yourself and your flatmates to continue to use whist you isolate, we will provide you with a cleaning pack and instructions on how to sanitise the kitchen before and after use. This will only be provided if you have access to a communal kitchen.
Laundry Detergent Pack
During your time isolating, you will not be able to access the laundry. Should you require to wash your clothes, we can provide laundry detergent for your to hand wash your clothes in your room. If you would like a laundry pack, please email your Hall Reception Team.
Food Delivery Service
During your time self-isolating, we have some food boxes available for you. Each box consists of store cupboard essentials to make sure you have access to the basics whilst you are unable to leave your accommodation.
It is recommended that wherever possible, you arrange for food and shopping to be delivered to your flat by your friends or flatmates. If you want to have food delivered, you are not able to leave your flat to collect. Instead, you will need to arrange for a friend to collect on your behalf or contact your Hall Reception who will be able to assist with getting essential deliveries like grocery deliveries to you. Please note, capacity for the Hall team to assist with deliveries is reduced after 5.30pm. We therefore ask that you avoid deliveries that arrive after 5:30pm if you can, or where necessary, that these are collected by your nominated friend. Please note, the Halls team will not normally be able to assist with takeaway deliveries to flats.