What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village
So arrivals goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a step by step guide of what to expect when you arrive in The Village.
If you are arriving outside of the main arrivals period you should go straight to The Village Reception to check in where there will be staff to welcome you, check you in and give you all of the information you need to know.
1. Arrive at your allocated drop off point
2. Collect your key and student ID card at your key collection desk.
Wherever you're staying, register and get you room keys at the key collection point allocated to you in your check-in document (sent by email). If you already have your keys from Drop and Go, you'll still need to quickly visit the key collection point to register.
Don't forget to bring your check in document and photo ID. One of the following photo ID is required: Original passport or National ID card, Original Long- Version UK birth certificate or Original Certificate of Naturalisation. You must have completed online registration on MyStudentRecord in order to pick up your ID card. If you require a Visa check, you will pick up your student ID card on campus.
Don't forget, there are some new rules that apply when visiting our key collection points and receptions this year.
3. Unload your stuff from your car
Safely unload your stuff from your car. Make sure you keep to your arrival slot and maintain social distancing from others that may be moving in around you. You should wear a face covering while inside (you won't need to do this once you're in your new household). You'll receive detailed instructions on how to move in safely as part of your accommodation induction.
4. Introduce yourself to your flatmates when you’re unpacking.
It may feel a bit nerve-wracking but remember everyone is in the same boat!
5. Explore The Village and join in with the welcome activities
Find out more about living in Leicester, chat to our Residential Advisers and find out about events. We'll be running virtual and social distanced welcome activities to help you find out more about your accommodation!
The Village also has lots of outdoor spaces to explore, feel free to take a look around your new home away from home!
6. Attend your hall Welcome talk
Find out more information about living in University Accommodation, including important health and safety advice. This year we'll be running live virtual welcome talks for you to watch together!
7. Celebrate your first night in halls with our Welcome Events
We're going to be running a range of virtual and safe social distanced events to help you meet others in your hall and have a great student experience! Check out our events page for the details of what's on a bit closer to arrivals.
We look forward to seeing you in Leicester!
- Read Next
- About Your Hall: Digby About Your Hall: Stamford About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: Beaumont About Your Hall: John Foster What to Expect When You Arrive Things to do in Leicester Accommodation questions answered Contents Insurance Costs and what's included Make Your Room Your Home Follow us on social media! What should I bring to Uni? The University Shuttle Bus - 2020/21 Passes Join Your Hall Facebook Group!
- Drop and Go information 18 unexpected things you need at uni Life in the UK vs. China Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Self-Isolation and Quarantine