What to bring to uni for your drop and go slot
Here at Leicester arrivals will be a little different this year, you will be booking in a 'Drop and Go' slot to bring some of your belongings in August before arriving and starting in September, so you may be wondering what exactly you can 'drop off'...
We've put together a list of things that would be worth dropping off, just remember you've got to think whether you'll need them between now and September, if you don't then pack it up!
- Bedding/ duvet & pillows (only if you have bought new ones for uni)
- Winter clothes (fingers crossed we will have a nice hot summer so your winter woollies can be packed away, just keep a hoodie or two at home because we all know what the English weather can be like)
- Winter coats, hat, gloves scarfs
- Clothes hangers
- Mirrors or any decorative items you've bought for your uni room
- Desk lamp
- Towels (bath towel, hand towel)
- Kitchen utensils (pots and pans, plates, culture, Tupperware etc)
- Extension cables
- Stationary/ folders for uni work
- First aid box
- Hair tools (hairdryer, straighteners etc)
Hopefully, you will have packed up and dropped off the main bulk of your belongings, so in September you will just need to bring your everyday items;
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo etc) etc
- Important docs (ID, uni correspondence, banks details etc)
- Laptop and charger
- Television or games console
- Other clothes and shoes
We look forward to seeing you in September!
- Read Next
- Drop and Go information Contents Insurance All the arrivals info you need to know What should I bring to Uni? Accommodation questions answered My First Day in Halls Make Your Room Your Home Your new household in halls of residence How To...Get Around in Leicester Meet the Team - The City! Visiting Reception Safely Join Your Hall Facebook Group! Follow us on social media!
- What to Expect When You Arrive Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card Stay healthy over summer! My First Day in Halls