The University Shuttle Bus - 2020/21 Passes
University Shuttle Bus
The cheapest regular bus service between The Village and the University of Leicester Campus is the University Shuttle Bus, run by the University and operated by Centrebus.
Bus passes for the Oadby Shuttle Bus are now available to purchase.
Monday – Friday service - £175
Monday - Saturday service - £195
The annual pass is valid from Monday 28 Septmeber 2020
Your bus pass will be uploaded to your student card, so there’s no additional paper pass. All you have to do is tap your student card on the reader when you get on the bus. Learn how to activate your bus pass using the instructions at the link below.
Download the term-time shuttle timetable:
Alternative transport options from The Village
The Village is around 2 miles from campus, so it's worth considering how you'll travel to university.
- Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
- Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in The Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road. The council have even created a dedicated cycle highway into the City Centre, free of other vehicles!
- The Arriva Bus (31/31A/31E) is a public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service runs into the City Centre and is available at weekends. The bus stops a short walk from the student village travelling past Victoria Park and the end of University Road for travelling to campus.
- Bringing your own car is also an option for travelling around Leicester. You'll need to purchase a parking permit for £50 to park in The Village, there is no student parking on the university campus or in The City. Blue badge holders can park in The Village free of charge but will need to register their vehicle at reception.
Got a Question?
There's lot's of options for transport around Leicester, so we'd be happy to talk you through it and help you choose what's right for you. Drop us an email at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)116 252 2428, our office is open 24/7 every day!
Want to chat with out students about life in halls of residence? Send a message to our friendly student ambassadors at le.ac.uk/chat .
- Read Next
- How To...Get Around in Leicester Accommodation questions answered Things to do in Leicester About Your Hall: Digby About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray Contents Insurance Costs and what's included Make Your Room Your Home Follow us on social media! What should I bring to Uni?
- Drop and Go information 18 unexpected things you need at uni Life in the UK vs. China Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Self-Isolation and Quarantine