The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes
Oadby Shuttle Bus
Bus passes for the Oadby Shuttle Bus are now available to purchase
Monday – Friday service - £175
Monday - Saturday service - £195
The annual pass is valid from Monday 23 Septmeber 2019 – Saturday 20 June 2020
Updates to the bus pass
Your bus pass will be uploaded to your student card, so there’s no additional paper pass. All you have to do is tap your student card on the reader when you get on the bus.
- After you have purchased the bus pass you will receive an email when your pass has been updated
- Once it has been updated, hold your student card against any card reader in Oadby Student Village social space (e.g. Olive Banks Study Space) for about ten seconds until the reader shows green.
- Alternatively you can hold the card against any of the attendance monitors on campus used for seminars/ lectures.
- Once you have done this your card can be used on the bus
Alternative transport options
- Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
- Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in Oadby Student Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road.
- The Arriva Bus (31/31A) is a public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service runs into the City Centre and is available at weekends. The bus travels past Victoria Park and the end of University Road for travelling to campus.
- Bringing your own car is also an option for travelling around Leicester. You'll need to purchase a parking permit for £50 to park in Oadby Student Village, there is no student parking on the university campus or in City Living.
We want your feedback
This service is run by the university and we would like to get your feedback on the bus. We will be holding focus groups and asking for feedback via surveys so please make sure you get involved and tell us what you think.
Please email any general feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.