Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED
Whether you're coming to uni in September or January your first task when you arrive will be to unpack...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
If your first term is online you may not need these things yet but it doesn't mean you can't start looking, you may be able to shop around and get things at the best prices.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
- Stationery/notebooks/folders (something you'll definitely need if your lectures are all online)
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get shopping!
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- What it's (realistically) like living in halls Time to get vaccinated! The mental health reality of my first year International Students: What to bring to uni Feeling anxious about starting uni? 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student THE private accommodation checklist Have you sorted your bills for next year? Accommodation questions answered How to make your second year house safe How to be the BEST neighbour What to bring to uni for your drop and go slot Self-isolation: A student guide What should I bring to Uni?
- What to Expect When You Arrive Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card Stay healthy over summer! My First Day in Halls