All the arrivals info you need to know
Moving in can be chaotic and busy so it’s important that we all work together to manage arrivals safely.
If you’ve already moved in your belongings through Drop and Go, your arrival should be quick and easy. Make sure you follow the guidelines below:
- Complete your online induction before arriving to find out lots more about living in halls and keeping yourself safe while moving in
- Stick to your allocated arrival slot in order to help us monitor who’s in halls and give at least 48 hours’ notice if you’re unable to make it
- Check your emails regularly for up-to-date arrival instructions – just in case anything changes
You shouldn’t come to accommodation if:
- You’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- Someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 and you haven’t followed the Government self-isolation guidelines
- The Government advice changes, and you are advised against travelling to us
- The University contacts you to ask you not to travel to Leicester
What to Expect When You Arrive
When you arrive in halls, you’ll need to go to your allocated key collection point to register, even if you already have your room key from Drop and Go. Then you can head over to your accommodation to unpack and get settled in.
When visiting reception and the key collection point only students will be allowed in, anyone else with you will have to wait outside. During arrivals, you’ll need to wear a face-covering when you’re inside – you won’t need to do this once you’re in your household bubble. You should also maintain a safe social distance of two metres from others that are moving in around you.
Our key collection points will be open from 9am-5pm. If you arrive outside these hours, you’ll need to get your key from our 24/7 reception instead.
For international students, the new UK Government guidelines state that anyone coming from abroad may need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival, depending on their country of origin.
If you need to quarantine, we will provide you with a temporary flat, shared with a couple of others that travelled with you, so you can safely isolate for this period. You’ll be arriving 14 days earlier than your contract start date so you can be ready to start your course on time.
- If you are on an 39/42/52 week or a termly contract, then the 14-day quarantine period is free of charge
- If you are on a short-term weekly or daily contract, the quarantine period will be added to your booking at the daily room rate
Once you’ve finished the 14 days quarantine, you’ll be able to move into your allocated term-time room with other students to join your household bubble in halls of residence.
Support During Quarantine
During this isolation period, we’ll provide you with access to food, bedding and toiletries and stay in touch regularly to check everything is okay. Nobody will enter your flat during the quarantine period, except in emergencies. If you need any support, you can contact the Accommodation Team 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 (0)116 252 2428.
Booking Your Quarantine
If you have an offer of accommodation as an international student, we’ll be in touch with you before your arrival to arrange your quarantine period.
Alongside the International Office, we are arranging free airport pickup for international students from London Heathrow Airport and Birmingham Airport to get to Leicester safely. More details will be released soon in your arrival induction and communications regarding quarantine.
- Read Next
- Join Your Hall Facebook Group! Your new household in halls of residence My First Day in Halls Accommodation questions answered Best Places to Eat in Leicester How To...Get Around in Leicester About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: Stamford Things to do in Leicester About Your Hall: Beaumont About Your Hall: Digby Drop and Go information Why Should You Stay in Halls? How to...Report a Maintenance Issue Support in Halls
- What to Expect When You Arrive Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card Stay healthy over summer! My First Day in Halls