What should you pack for uni?
You're going to be setting off for a new adventure pretty soon, so you should probably start packing.
But have you figured out what things you will need to bring with you? This isn't a 2 week holiday remember, so you're going to need a pretty big checklist!
We've narrowed down the essentials you're going to want to remember to make life that little bit easier...
Passports, ID and any other
Don't forget your charger
- Photos from home
They'll make you smile on low days
Remember, don't forget to register with a GP!
Pillows, quilt, bed covers, pillowcases and sheets
Make sure you have plenty of warm and waterproof gear for the Scottish weather
You'll need tea towels for the kitchen too
Here's some more to think about...
Tea/coffee and mugs
Food to last you a few days before you head to the supermarket
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Mini fridges
- Electrical fairy lights (battery-powered ones are fine)
- Heating or cooking appliances in your bedroom
- Chip pans/deep fat fryers
- Candles and incense sticks
- Electric blankets
- Any additional furniture
- Any illegal drugs/substances including legal highs
If you're not sure what's already provided, have a look at your hall beforehand so you don't waste money and space on something you don't need!
Better start packing because it'll be moving day before you know it!
- Read Next
- Time to start getting ready for uni! How to make your second year house safe Your first fortnight at uni bucketlist! Time to get vaccinated! Freshers' Week: Expectations vs. Reality WIN your first food shop! Your room contents insurance: What's covered? THE must-have tech for freshers QUIZ: What type of flatmate will you be? Sharon's blog: Life in the UK vs. China Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple When home doesn't feel like home anymore...
- Moving into halls this September? Meet your new flatmates! What's already provided in my halls? Josh's Blog: Places I wish I'd known before going to Heriot-Watt! Get to know: Edinburgh Campus Your Freshers' Week Countdown has...BEGUN!