Shh! Quiet Hours in Halls
Revision and deadlines are stressful enough without having the extra worry of your housemates/neighbours keeping you up all night.
The last thing you would want before an important exam is a bad night's sleep. If you're not sure whether it's too loud, it probably is- keep it down!
Quiet Hours in your accommodation run between 11pm until 8am.
- Music Can I listen to music without my headphones? Yes, but do keep the volume low, especially at night and early morning. So if you like your music banging loud, put on your headphones.
- Parties Can I have the party in my kitchen/room ? Not really, because your neighbours (not just the ones sharing flat with you but above and below your flat) might still busy cramming for exams. Why not go to the Student Union awesome pub?
- Outside halls If you're out and about on campus, bear in mind those in their rooms and keep it down.
- Moving around As all of our doors are fire doors, they can make quite the noise, so please be mindful and close it as quietly as possible.
Some other things to keep in mind...
- If you're heading out late at night, be aware that taxi doors slamming and horns can cause a disturbance. Get the taxi driver to call or text you when they arrive and stay indoors until they do.
- Swapping speakers for headphones when indoors, especially during evenings and early mornings is a super easy solution to keeping it down.
- When having guests, remember you're responsible for keeping the volume to a minimum- don't let them be the reason for disturbances.
Remember, any excessive noise can result in disciplinary action and that's the last thing you want to deal with during this key time of the year.
- Read Next
- House hunting: What are your options? Moving Out: What should I do with all my stuff? Super quick stress relievers How to be the BEST neighbour Keeping Your Accommodation Clean - Our Top Tips! How I survive exam season at university A night out in Edinburgh...
- Problem in halls? Let us know! Shh! Quiet Hours in Halls Volunteer and help save tonnes of food from the bin! Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus Judie's Blog: Once Watt, Never Not