Keeping Your Accommodation Clean - Our Top Tips!
It may not be your favourite task, but keeping your student accommodation clean has so many benefits!
You can invite your friends around and be proud of your fresh and clean flat, relax in a clean and tidy room with fresh linen at the end of a long day, avoid last-minute panic tidying when its inspection time and it makes moving out at the end of term a breeze!
Here are our top tips to achieve a clean, fresh living space:
- A cleaning rota is very useful for communal areas such as the kitchen. Dividing the jobs fairly keeps things clean and reduces tension between flatmates.
- Use a bleach-based cleaner in your bathroom to easily tackle foul smells, grubby waterlines and nasty mark.
- Ventilation is very important to keep your room smelling fresh and to prevent damp and mould. Open your window regularly, especially if you are drying clothes inside!
- Bicarbonate of soda is a cheap all-around cleaner. It also absorbs bad odours so try put a little in a dish in the fridge to keep it smelling fresh!
- Dirty clothes, bedsheets and towels are common culprits of bad odours - keep on top of your laundry and change your sheets regularly to keep that smell away!
- When cooking, clean as you go and wipe up spills as soon as they happen - it will save you time in the long run!
- And finally! Put on some music! It will make cleaning way more fun!!
- Read Next
- THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt Get to know: Edinburgh Campus How to have (and keep) a happy, student house How I make my long distance relationship last Super quick stress relievers Homesickness: What to do when you miss mum and dad
- THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt Your go-to guide to grocery shopping The essentials for your first food shop! Have you registered with a GP? Get to know: Edinburgh Campus