Running Routes on Campus
We all have those days when the thought of getting off the sofa and doing some exercise is too much of a chore. However, Heriot-Watt make it easy to get up and go!
You don't have to worry about mapping routes to get in your morning jog or evening stroll, we've done it for you.
We have several jogging courses marked through the woodland on campus. Starting and finishing outside the Oriam, they're well used and mean you can mix it up! There are four routes all covering different lengths so depending on how energised you're feeling, there's something for everyone.
- Route 1 (1 mile / 1.7 km)
- Route 2 (1.5 miles / 2.4km)
- Route 3 (2.5 miles / 4 km)
- Route 4 (3.1 miles / 5 km)
You can get a printed map from the Oriam or take a look at Google Maps.
Not much of a runner?
Not to worry, we also have five other routes to explore. A perfect way to get familiar with campus, we have the Tree, Landscape, History, Art and Bird Trail to try. With 380 acres of parkland, there's more than enough to keep you busy!
- Read Next
- Staying healthy during winter Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Reasons to get involved in sport at HW Get fit at Scottish Borders Marco's Vlog: Health, Fitness & Societies 5 top tips on healthy eating 5 alternative summer salads Get Sporty at the Oriam Life at Leonard Horner (so far!) Looking after your spiritual wellbeing Self-isolation: 5 simple workouts for indoors Josh's Blog: Places I wish I'd known before going to Heriot-Watt!
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday