Fresh Property Group's 2019 Charity Week
We are delighted to continue our partnership with the charity YoungMinds for the second year. Fresh Property Group host a multitude of fundraising activities throughout the year and donations are always welcome, however we organise one Charity Week (which ran from 4th to 10th March 2019) with various fundraising activities nationwide. FPG’s Central Services and on-site staff, as well as our residents, took part in a variety of fundraising activities, with all proceeds going to YoungMinds.
We continue to partner with the charity to not only raise money, but to raise awareness of mental health issues that affect our residents.
Who are YoungMinds?
YoungMinds are a leading UK charity, championing the well-being and mental health of young people. They are an integral part in the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, while ensuring they get the best possible mental health support and have the resilience to overcome life’s difficulties.
The charity’s Parents Helpline gave high quality support and advice to 12,733 parents last year, and one of their initiatives has provided 4,500 school staff with free teaching resources, tips and advice, helping them to put well-being at the heart of their whole schools’ improvement. YoungMinds’ website alone has been accessed almost five million times.
Charity Week activities
Although fundraising happens throughout the year, we host one national Charity Week, with a heavy burst of fundraising activities taking place nationwide, designed to spark the interest of staff, residents and partners and result in donations for YoungMinds. Here is a rundown of just some of the popular activities:
- Fresh’s 13,000 Steps Challenge. To represent the 13,000 families of young people YoungMinds helped last year, we took on the challenge of getting as many FPG staff and residents to do 13,000 steps on one day during Charity Week.
- The Great Fresh Bake Off. For those who love baking up a storm in the kitchen, they brought in a wide variety of homemade cakes and baked goods available for purchase. This took place in Central Services and in our sites nationwide!
- Sponsored Pancake Toss. To celebrate Shrove Tuesday on 5th March, competitions took place to see who could flip the most pancakes in any given time. This took place in Central Services and in our sites nationwide!
- Fitness Challenges. Many of our sites have on-site gym facilities, and they hosted various sponsored Challenges, such as team-circuit competitions and bicycle challenges – one site in particular cycled the equivalent from Glasgow to Land’s End!
Our incredible staff and residents worked hard and donated their socks off for Charity Week 2019, and we are very pleased to say that we have raised a huge amount donations for YoungMinds! Our partnership will continue, and if you would like to donate to the charity, please visit our Virgin Money Giving page.
- Read Next
- Charity Week Kicks Off With A Delicious Bake Sale Self-Love and Learning from Our Low Points Hope's tips for a mentally healthy 2018 Coping at university with social anxiety An Honest University Chat A Small Gal's Guide to First Year Coming Out and My Mental Health Looking After Your Mental Health In A New Season
- The MANY benefits of living in a studio flat... Sex is like Tea Women Taking Over Industries Fresh Charity Week in Support of Young Minds Mind the Gap (Year)