Yes, believe it or not, you can cook something that tastes better than what you'd get from a takeaway
So, rather than ditching your resolution early and adding another dent to that impending overdraft, why not learn to cook your favourite meals instead?
Try this tasty Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry out for size, we dare you not to love it...
3 diced chicken breasts
Teriyaki sauce (or mix 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup honey, 1 tbsp sesame seeds)
2 bell peppers
2 cups broccoli
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and bring to a high heat
- Lower to medium heat then add chicken, season with salt and pepper, then stir until it starts to brown (approx 3-4 mins)
- Add garlic and stir for a further minute, then stir in soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds (or shop-bought teriyaki sauce)
- Remove chicken with cooking tongs and leave in a bowl aside whilst you mix the vegetables into the sauce
- Cover pan with a lid and allow to steam for 2 minutes
- Serve vegetable mixture and chicken over cooked rice
Save yourself some time with this recipe that serves 4, by grabbing yourself some Tupperware containers and freezing in portions to have in the week.
It's healthier than buying it out or ready-made, cheaper - and the best thing? You'll probably get it quicker than you would waiting your order to arrive!